Skip to main content

30 Days of Thankfulness

Yes, I have missed a few days.  Like I said, life happens here and as thankful as I am I must admit it is not my first priority to record all the reasons.  I must say really thinking about it and making a list has really helped me to be thankful in the ups and downs of my days.

Reason # 8

I am thankful that I am able to homeschool my children.  Some call me crazy, some call me amazing.  Well, I know that I am crazy, but that was before we decided to homeschool   Amazing, definitely not!  The amazing is all from God!  Without Him I would never be able to do anything that we have set out to do, let alone homeschool.  I am grateful for the time that I am able to spend with my children.  Our school day does not run on the 7 am - 3 pm school clock (well something like that...I really don't know how the school clocks run these days).  We "school" all day, everywhere.  We were convicted, my husband more so and earlier on than I, that this is what the Lord has called us to do for our family.  Let me add in here that I am also thankful for my husbands leadership in this area.  If we didn't make this decision than I would miss out on so much in the lives of my children.  Yes, some days are crazier than others.  Some days make me wonder if this really is the right thing for our family.  But on the other hand, to see my children learn, to hear them read their first words.  To work, and work (AND WORK) with them on something they are struggling with and see them get it...well, it just makes it all worth it at the end of the day.  

(Please know that we are not against traditional school, it is just not what we have chosen for our family.  Homeschooling is not for everyone or every child and we do realize that.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuckered Toddler

Webb and I got home one night from a night out alone (few and far between these days) and little Sam had fallen asleep on Cat's bed. Just too cute not to snap a photo.

Where have I been?

So I just foud this "new" quilt shop not even 5 mintues from the house. Turns out not so new, has been around for almost 2 years. Where have I been.....oh yeah, way too busy doing way more than I should be. I have enjoyed the time home with my babies so far. I definitely think that I have more than enough to keep my busy at home for those who thought I wouldn't. And my house is getting back to some sort of order (its about time)

I want to be a loser

I hate to admit how complacent I have gotten with being healthy.  I know what I need to do which makes it much worse than just being ignorant.  I know how to count calories (or points).  It's a simple equation more output than input.  Add in chaos and the need of convenience and it no longer seems quite as simple.  In addition to the chaos I have a huge weakness for sugar!  Preferably the chocolate variety.  But really any sort of 'sweet' will do.   My hubby and I came to a so called agreement right after Christmas.  I will give up sweets and he will give up soda (his weakness).  "Give up" is so very harsh.  Neither of us has been perfect with it.  He of course has done much better than I.  Unfortunately for him I am weak and when I have given into my sweet tooth I have tended to bring him a Coke.  Oh only upon typing that out did I realize how horrible I have been.  Did it take anyone else back to Genesis?  Ouch.  The above reason though is why accountability in