Skip to main content

Happy Birthday to me!

Actually it was yesterday but I'm just now getting around to writing about it. It was not quite as eventful as birthdays when I was a kid. They never seem to be anymore. The last one that a fuss was made over was 18 (I didn't do the whole "21" thing). These years they just seem to come and go like about everyother day, with the added benefit of dinner out. This one has definietly made memorable. It really was a great day depending on what perspective you take. I must say last year I wouldn't have looked on it all with such optimism.
It started with breakfast with Belle and Cinderalla at Chick-fil-a. And of course my three most precious princesses were there to enjoy it with me. I even talked my hubby into coming and being our photographer for the morning. We made tiaras and the girls had their nails painted. Then they played in the Princess Bounce House. It was some very enjoyable girl time.








After breakfast we went to Michaels. I haven't been there in quite sometime. I reserved myself, it was difficult! When cleaning out my craft room a couple weeks ago I realized just how much scrapbooking supplies I have and that I do not need anything until I finish my projects and use some of what I have. So I actually avioded the scrapbooking aisle. Of course I looked at the end racks, and put somethings in the buggy, but pulled them back out before we checked out. I ended up with some picture frames (for a wall that I have been planning for about a year now) and goodies for the girls of course.
Now here is where the perspective comes in. Browsing in one of my favorite stores and I start feeling really ill. Put off some other stops that we had planned (really wanted to get a pair of shoes), and went home. Ended up with a temp of 100.8. My good hubby put me to bed with some aspirin. Woke up about 3 hours later and was feeling good again. Before I really would have gotten upset about it as it completely blew "my" plans out of the water. But I really have been lacking on rest and it forced me to get some. Not to mention, and much as I wanted them, I don't need new shoes.
My hubby (and mother-in-law) then surprised me with dinner. She watched the kids and we took a drive to Savannah and went to Olive Garden (another one of my favorites). I must say I was shocked with the 55 minute wait. Especially when she said that it was a slow Saturday. Eeek! But we used the time to go across the street to Lifeway Christian bookstore. Passed it many times, but never been in. Love it! Has been more than 10 years since I have been in a store like it (back home in Cali). Supper was wonderful. Delicious and filling. The time spent with the girls in the morning and my hubby in the evening made it perfect family day. I really couldn't come up with a better way to have spent my 29th b-day.
What was your most memorable birthday?






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuckered Toddler

Webb and I got home one night from a night out alone (few and far between these days) and little Sam had fallen asleep on Cat's bed. Just too cute not to snap a photo.

Where have I been?

So I just foud this "new" quilt shop not even 5 mintues from the house. Turns out not so new, has been around for almost 2 years. Where have I been.....oh yeah, way too busy doing way more than I should be. I have enjoyed the time home with my babies so far. I definitely think that I have more than enough to keep my busy at home for those who thought I wouldn't. And my house is getting back to some sort of order (its about time)

I want to be a loser

I hate to admit how complacent I have gotten with being healthy.  I know what I need to do which makes it much worse than just being ignorant.  I know how to count calories (or points).  It's a simple equation more output than input.  Add in chaos and the need of convenience and it no longer seems quite as simple.  In addition to the chaos I have a huge weakness for sugar!  Preferably the chocolate variety.  But really any sort of 'sweet' will do.   My hubby and I came to a so called agreement right after Christmas.  I will give up sweets and he will give up soda (his weakness).  "Give up" is so very harsh.  Neither of us has been perfect with it.  He of course has done much better than I.  Unfortunately for him I am weak and when I have given into my sweet tooth I have tended to bring him a Coke.  Oh only upon typing that out did I realize how horrible I have been.  Did it take anyone else back to Genesis?  Ouch.  The above reason though is why accountability in