Skip to main content

Dream and have Courage



I walked down to the marsh today to see what my crazy dog was barking at. Instead of that, I found where my kiddos have made "their spot". They have carried all the cut offs and extra pieces from other projects and started a tree house pile. 



I imagine they have been sitting in these little blue chairs. Sitting, looking up at this big, beautiful oak and dreaming about the great tree house that they are talking their daddy into building. Planing it all out in their minds. Little minds that think big grand plans. Fun plans. The kind of plans that I think too often adults forget to have. Or at least I know I don't take the time for. And I know I don't take the time needed to make these plans come to be.  There is always the immediate. The things that have to happen. All of the daily tasks that need to be checked off the list. 


This was a reminder for me today. While there are a lot of things that need to be done, I need to chip away at the big, grand plans that I have made over the years. Ones that have been put on a shelf for a different day, a different season... maybe. But, just like my kiddos have carried down pieces and parts, not near what it's going to take for a grand tree house, I can take small steps towards my dreams and big plans. I NEED to take the time to sit and dream and plan. Some meaningful slow time. And then I need to start putting in some, even little bits, of time & effort to make some of these things happen. 

Image result for dream quotes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In-ten-tion-al-ly

adverb : intentionally, deliberately, on purpose, purposefully, knowingly, wittingly, consciously, in full awareness Intentionally That is my word for 2015. A word that requires action. To live with intention; on purpose! To purposefully go about my days. No longer moving from one task to another just because it needs to be done. But to work towards an overall goal while doing those same tasks.   The goal with intention and purposeful living? To be purposeful in the role God has called me to. To be deliberate in sharing my faith. To be diligent in pouring over the scriptures. To be intentional when it comes to loving (RESPECTING) my husband.  To be purposeful in teaching my children and training them in righteousness. To make decisions according to knowledge, not flippantly or because that is what I am 'expected' to do. (Especially not because that is what I am expected to do.) To consciously create an atmosphere in our home that nurtures love, joy and contentment.  ...

The Rat Race

Does it ever feel like you're in a rut??? I sure feel like one lately. It is such a shame that so much of life is just a big built in routine that leaves no time for the things that truly matter. You have to get out of your box and take a step away from the routine and make the time for those things (or more importantly ~ people) that really matter. Where are the real treasures of life? Surely not the gold and silver that are stored up on this earth ~ those seem to not matter much especially in our current day with economic crisis. The true treasures are those that are not always tangible ~ the ones that are stored up in Heaven. The lessons that we teach our children, the time spent with a loved one, or more importantly a stranger, those times that we are furthering the work of our Lord and Savior ~ these are the true treasures of life! It is to unfortunate that life gets in the way of this. The life of routine, the rat race! So, as you have probably guessed that it what...