Skip to main content

Reason

I have been pondering why I am trying to lose this weight. Mainly while I am walking/jogging on the treadmill. I used to read a book while walking, but with the increased speed it doesn't work out so well. (Actually it barely worked before as my coordination is not that great on a treadmill.) So lately I have used my time walking to talk with God and reflect, making it productive in more than one way. I have decided thus far that my main reason is because I just don't want to feel achy! I have always had back problems (lifting heavy things as a pre-teen/teen was not a great idea) but additional weight has definitely made it worse. I would also really, and I mean REALLY, like for my left leg get back to some sort of normal. Yes, doctors have told me that it is messed up forever and will always have residual issues. But, I still have hope that maybe one day my left calf and foot will more resemble my right.
Now of course there are other reasons that swim through my mind....fit into clothes, be able to be more active with my kids and husband for that matter! I hate feeling like I am holding them up when we go out on excursions with lots and lots of activity. I am usually behind them "catching up". I am realizing though that it is not a total lack of ability, but more a lack of the will - which I think is much worse!
So here is to conciously making an effort to move more each and every day and not be a sluggard. Get up and keep up!
Update: I walked/jogged 1.5 miles and kept up with my average speed of 3.3 mph.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuckered Toddler

Webb and I got home one night from a night out alone (few and far between these days) and little Sam had fallen asleep on Cat's bed. Just too cute not to snap a photo.

Where have I been?

So I just foud this "new" quilt shop not even 5 mintues from the house. Turns out not so new, has been around for almost 2 years. Where have I been.....oh yeah, way too busy doing way more than I should be. I have enjoyed the time home with my babies so far. I definitely think that I have more than enough to keep my busy at home for those who thought I wouldn't. And my house is getting back to some sort of order (its about time)

I want to be a loser

I hate to admit how complacent I have gotten with being healthy.  I know what I need to do which makes it much worse than just being ignorant.  I know how to count calories (or points).  It's a simple equation more output than input.  Add in chaos and the need of convenience and it no longer seems quite as simple.  In addition to the chaos I have a huge weakness for sugar!  Preferably the chocolate variety.  But really any sort of 'sweet' will do.   My hubby and I came to a so called agreement right after Christmas.  I will give up sweets and he will give up soda (his weakness).  "Give up" is so very harsh.  Neither of us has been perfect with it.  He of course has done much better than I.  Unfortunately for him I am weak and when I have given into my sweet tooth I have tended to bring him a Coke.  Oh only upon typing that out did I realize how horrible I have been.  Did it take anyone else back to Genesis?  Ouch.  The above reason though is why accountability in