Skip to main content

Faithful

With each addition to our family, life seems to go by that much faster. The year did not slowly and quietly end for us. It seems that it was a string of events most of the year.

April, sweet April.  We safely welcomed home our sweet Noah, with a delivery that I still praise God for. As well as six kid goats, two of which were bottle fed.  Nothing like figuring out a new family normal, while adding two goats in the picture.  But it was good, it was fun.  Our children learned. We all grew.


My hubby had surgery mid-August. Minor, out-patient surgery.  At least that is what they call it, minor. Surgery is surgery and it all has risks.  It wasn't fun sitting in the waiting room with my man's ring on my finger, waiting (and waiting) for them to come tell me all was well.  But all was well, my man was good. God is good!

Fall and Christmas brought fun, sorrow and blessings beyond what we could ever expect. Work slowed at my hubby's job at the end of September and he was on to finding work for himself. I really do not like the uncertainty of no regular paycheck from week to week. But, God is good! He has supplied work. Things have been tight, but we have a roof over our heads, heat, clothes and food. We are blessed!

In October I got a phone call from my brother that our Dad had passed.  It was unexpected.  It was the first death of one of "my" people that I have experienced since my grandfather when I was a teen. And it was my Dad. I didn't see how we were going to make it to MO, money was tight with the current work situation. But my husband was determined. And God is so good! I saw and reconnected with family that I had not seen, some in 5 years, others in close to 20. We shared all our stories and memories of Dad. My hubby and I truly took the trip on a hope and a prayer that it would all work out and we would have the money to make it home. My hubby ended up with work while there. God is faithful!

We had Thanksgiving out our house with family.  Just. as. it. should. be. We missed some who couldn't make it. But it was good. And we were thankful. 

We were overwhelmingly blessed this Christmas season! Things for us were beyond tight. But we had our home. We had food. We had each other. We have God. And he used friends, family, and people we don't know to go beyond our actual needs. 

It's heartbreaking to tell your kids you "don't know" when they ask when you are getting your tree, when you truly don't see how it can happen. And no, Christmas is not about the tree and we know that. Thankfully it is not up to my finite mind to see how things will happen. My brother brought a tree to us one afternoon and helped put it up. It was a beautiful tree. It was a huge tree. My kids were through the roof. It was great. God was good!

We have a tradition. We actually have many. But every year we get a family ornament. It is fun to pull them out every year and see how our family has grown. Let me tell you, when you can't buy a tree you don't really think about the fact that you won't have this years family ornament. At least I didn't think about it. But my Momma did. It's amazing what a little thoughtfulness can do to someones soul.

You see a stove. I see so much more. I see an answer to prayer. We were down to 2 burners, the small ones, for going on two years. It took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to boil water, watched or unwatched. But we had 2 working burners and an oven. It worked. But God provided this jewel from a family in our church who no longer needed it. Christmas dinner was so. much. easier! There is more to the story with this stove, but God is so good!

I am sure you have gathered that if there was a hard time with the tree, gifts for the kids were not abounding. But it was good. Actually it was beyond good. God showered us with love from family, friends and our church family. How God provided cannot even be put into words. He was in all the details of all the things that took place. To the point of us receiving the exact amount in the mail from a 'Secret Santa' that would be the cost of picking up deer from the processor. Which side note: the cost was not what it should have been according to their price list. But it was right according to God's price list.

With all that was supplied my kids didn't know anything was different this Christmas. But, my hubby and I did. There were so many situations that we saw God's hand in. We were humbled. We were grateful. And really, what better place to be at Christmas? We are thankful for His faithfulness, even to those who are so unworthy. And we are forever grateful to those who have been there with us through this past year, and especially past few months. 

Comments

Blogger said…
Did you know that you can create short links with OUO and make cash for every visit to your shortened links.

Popular posts from this blog

Tuckered Toddler

Webb and I got home one night from a night out alone (few and far between these days) and little Sam had fallen asleep on Cat's bed. Just too cute not to snap a photo.

I want to be a loser

I hate to admit how complacent I have gotten with being healthy.  I know what I need to do which makes it much worse than just being ignorant.  I know how to count calories (or points).  It's a simple equation more output than input.  Add in chaos and the need of convenience and it no longer seems quite as simple.  In addition to the chaos I have a huge weakness for sugar!  Preferably the chocolate variety.  But really any sort of 'sweet' will do.   My hubby and I came to a so called agreement right after Christmas.  I will give up sweets and he will give up soda (his weakness).  "Give up" is so very harsh.  Neither of us has been perfect with it.  He of course has done much better than I.  Unfortunately for him I am weak and when I have given into my sweet tooth I have tended to bring him a Coke.  Oh only upon typing that out did I realize how horrible I have been.  Did it take anyone else back to Genesis?  Ouch.  The above reason though is why accountability in

Putting off the old

If indeed you have heard Him and have been taught in Him, just as truth is in Jesus, that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind , and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth." Ephesians 4:21-24 It is so tough to lay aside my old self at times. But, with Christ all things are possible! As I am made more aware of his truths I must choose to obey or not to. I have done the "not to" so many times in the last 4 and a half years and have found that it is so much easier to just obey the first time. Growing pains are rough at times, however, I am grateful for them. It is through them that I grow closer to my heavenly Father. I'm sure you have guessed by now that we are going through some growing