Skip to main content

Knowing I am blessed

There has been a lot going on here over the last few months. But all the recent fuss actually started just over a year ago when my husband and I returned home from a marriage conference the first weekend in May. It was then that we started praying and asking the Lord to bless us with another child, specifically a boy. We found out at the end of July that we were expecting again. I knew right away that this was an answer to prayer and that we would have a little boy in nine months. When it came time for the ultrasound it was confirmed that I was carrying a little boy!

The pregnancy went well other then the typical morning sickness, being tired, etc...until the last month that is. I began having severe pain in my legs. Then the Tuesday before I had him my left leg began to swell severely. We went to the hospital Thursday night after talking with the doctor with the intent of being induced the next day, which was actually my due date (March 26th). Well I started to go into labor that morning myself, but it was sped up a little bit. Anyhow, dealing with the contraction pain was much easier than dealing with the pain in my left leg - this is no exaggeration! We got to the delivery at 1:01 that afternoon and said our first hellos to our answered prayer.


Shortly after the delivery it was discovered that I had a "massive" blood clot - as the nurse put it. A deep vein clot that runs from my knee to just above my pelvic bone. As the doctors told me several times I was "lucky to be alive". It was also said that we were "lucky" to have our baby boy as he had a knot in his cord. Well, we don't believe in "luck"


We prayed for Joshua for over a month before he was conceived. The Lord was over his conception. He was in control during the pregnancy. He was over and in control of everything that happened during the delivery, including the clot not breaking off and being carried off to my lungs or brain. I know without a doubt that it is all in the Lord's will that both Joshua and I are here today. I knew that I was blessed before all of this. But, sometimes I get so wrapped up in the day to day that I forget how truly blessed I am. I sometimes forget that God is in control of everything that happens to me - good and bad.


The past two months as I go to doctors and have tests run and pray daily for healing, I reflect on just how many blessings the Lord has given me. So many of which I often take for granted. I know I could have died, and according to doctors probably should have. But I also know that I am blessed and God has another plan for me right now.




Joshua was born on March 26th 2010 at 1:01 pm.
He was 7 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 inches long

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuckered Toddler

Webb and I got home one night from a night out alone (few and far between these days) and little Sam had fallen asleep on Cat's bed. Just too cute not to snap a photo.

Where have I been?

So I just foud this "new" quilt shop not even 5 mintues from the house. Turns out not so new, has been around for almost 2 years. Where have I been.....oh yeah, way too busy doing way more than I should be. I have enjoyed the time home with my babies so far. I definitely think that I have more than enough to keep my busy at home for those who thought I wouldn't. And my house is getting back to some sort of order (its about time)

I want to be a loser

I hate to admit how complacent I have gotten with being healthy.  I know what I need to do which makes it much worse than just being ignorant.  I know how to count calories (or points).  It's a simple equation more output than input.  Add in chaos and the need of convenience and it no longer seems quite as simple.  In addition to the chaos I have a huge weakness for sugar!  Preferably the chocolate variety.  But really any sort of 'sweet' will do.   My hubby and I came to a so called agreement right after Christmas.  I will give up sweets and he will give up soda (his weakness).  "Give up" is so very harsh.  Neither of us has been perfect with it.  He of course has done much better than I.  Unfortunately for him I am weak and when I have given into my sweet tooth I have tended to bring him a Coke.  Oh only upon typing that out did I realize how horrible I have been.  Did it take anyone else back to Genesis?  Ouch.  The above reason though is why accountability in