Skip to main content

Resolve or not to resolve

With the New Year having come along I have been thinking about "resolutions". About past resolutions and the thought of possibly making some this year. Well my thoughts about past resolutions are that I don't think that I have really ever kept any of them, at least never for very long or until the "goal" was reached. So frankly what is the purpose of setting resolutions in the first place. Goals are great, but with my track record I think that I would be setting up for more failure. But I have been praying about what the Lord would have me do in the coming year. Well then it hit me...well nothing really hit me except that the Lord. Anything that I would resolve myself to do would be what He has already asked me to do. My desires for the year are to grow closer to my Heavenly Father. To reach a deeper level of intimacy with my Savior and King! To be a better wife. More understanding to the needs of my husband. To be a true "help mate" to him and not a hindrance. To be his "good thing". A better mother to my children. To have more patience and understanding with them. To treasure each moment that God has given me with them and use it to the fullest capacity possible. Not to be selfish with "my" time. Learn to be a true homemaker. To make the home the Lord has provided us into a haven for my husband and children and not a place of chaos and clutter. Then to extend myself into the fellowships that the Lord would have me seek outside of my home. I somehow cannot come to make this my "New Year's Resolution" though. As this is not a desire of my heart for just this year or a couple of years, but this is the desire of my heart for my lifetime. I desire to seek Him and obey! not just today but for all the days that He has appointed for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuckered Toddler

Webb and I got home one night from a night out alone (few and far between these days) and little Sam had fallen asleep on Cat's bed. Just too cute not to snap a photo.

Where have I been?

So I just foud this "new" quilt shop not even 5 mintues from the house. Turns out not so new, has been around for almost 2 years. Where have I been.....oh yeah, way too busy doing way more than I should be. I have enjoyed the time home with my babies so far. I definitely think that I have more than enough to keep my busy at home for those who thought I wouldn't. And my house is getting back to some sort of order (its about time)

I want to be a loser

I hate to admit how complacent I have gotten with being healthy.  I know what I need to do which makes it much worse than just being ignorant.  I know how to count calories (or points).  It's a simple equation more output than input.  Add in chaos and the need of convenience and it no longer seems quite as simple.  In addition to the chaos I have a huge weakness for sugar!  Preferably the chocolate variety.  But really any sort of 'sweet' will do.   My hubby and I came to a so called agreement right after Christmas.  I will give up sweets and he will give up soda (his weakness).  "Give up" is so very harsh.  Neither of us has been perfect with it.  He of course has done much better than I.  Unfortunately for him I am weak and when I have given into my sweet tooth I have tended to bring him a Coke.  Oh only upon typing that out did I realize how horrible I have been.  Did it take anyone else back to Genesis?  Ouch.  The above reason though is why accountability in